Board of Professional Teachers
Inhibition Against the Practice of the Teaching Profession
Except as otherwise allowed under this Act, no person shall practice or offer to practice the teaching profession in the Philippines or be appointed as teacher to any position without having previously obtained a valid certificate of registration and a valid professional license from the Commission.
The following shall be punishable by a fine of not less than Five thousand pesos (P5,000.00) nor more than twenty thousand pesos (P20,000.00) or imprisonment of not less than six (6) months nor more than five (5) years or both at the discretion of the court.
- Any person who practices the teaching profession in the Philippines without being certified in accordance with the provisions of this Act;
- Any person who represent or attempts to use as his own certificate of registration that of the other;
- Any person who gives any false, or fraudulent evidence of any kind to the Board or any member thereof in obtaining a certificate of registration as teacher.
- Any person who impersonates any registrant of the same or different name;
- Any person who uses a revoked or suspended certificate of registration;
- Any person who, in connection with his name, otherwise assumes, uses or advertises any title or description tending to convey or conveys the impression that he is a teacher without holding a valid certificate; and
- Any person who violates or who abets the violation of any of the provisions of this Act. The penalty of fine or imprisonment or both, as provided in the section, shall also apply to any school or school official who shall cause or be responsible for the Commission of any of the above-enumerated acts.